- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure all Barrick safe work practices are observed, and implemented in the department of responsibility.
- Supervising, training, developing and nationalization of the maintenance team.
- Actively promote and foster the development of a pro-active site safety behaviors that makes safety an integral part of all work activities.
- Identify and rectify/report specific hazards using Job Safety Analysis (JSA) process.
- Assist with accident/incident investigation and with the induction and training of new employees.
- Ensure all employees reporting to this position attend safety related training courses and engage in any of the company’s safety initiatives.
- Coordinate and Deliver Mobile Equipment, Drilling and Blasting and other Skills Training sessions (Induction, Regulatory) as required
- Conduct training courses, commence on time as per communication/ agreement.
- Rating range for effectiveness of training delivery given by course attendees.
- Quality of assessments marked and ready for administrative recording.
- Compliance to the Underground Safety and Training related Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct Task observation to Underground employees.
- Conduct appropriate workplace inspections.
- Advise Management, Supervisors and Health and Safety Committees on the development and implementation of the various aspects of safety programs / systems and any other matters pertaining to the health and safety of workers.
- Tertiary Qualification in Training (or Related Field).
- Sound knowledge of Technical Area Operations in Underground Mining/ Processing/ Asset Reliability.
- National Occupational safety and Health Certificate NOSHC I and II.
- Level III Certificate in first Aid.
Experience and Competencies needed
- At least 5 years’ industry experience in Underground Health, Safety and Training.
- At least 5 Years’ experience in Technical area of Underground Mining Operations.
- Experience in the successful development and implementation of employee training program.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in operating Heavy Mobile Equipment in Underground Mining Production Environment