Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Kasulu town, in Kigoma region. Some travel may be required.
Application Deadline: 20th September 2022
Starting Date: As soon as possible; recruitment will be done on rolling bases.
Salary: No Salary, just some little communication allowance.
Who are we?
Mydia-tz is a non-for profit, Non-Governmental Organization aiming at providing opportunities that empowers young people to create positive change through Education, Livelihoods and Health in Tanzania. Our main goal is enhancing and promoting good living standards to youth in Tanzania.
Our Mission: Bringing together initiatives to enhance youth through promotion of education, health (WASH, SRHRs) and livelihoods for sustainable development, and ensure that the voices of young people are heard across decision-making platforms.
Our Volunteering Opportunities
Mydia-tz capitalizes on the role of human capital in attaining its goals, same as every nation does in order to attain real development. At Mydia-tz, every effort contributed by every person is heart fully appreciated.
We are now inviting applications for volunteer Education Program & Fundraising officer role from qualified and experienced young graduates to work for Mydia-tz. Preferred qualifications are in the field of Education especially special needs education with clear understanding of inclusive education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the organization’s fundraising (on education sector) from institutions and foundations, working closely with the Executive Director and the Head of Finance & Administration.
- Research, map and inform the organization about prospective donors, in particular institutions and foundations working on education sector through searching for appropriate grant opportunities and call for proposals that are in-line with Mydia-tz objectives.
- Assist in proposal writing in collaboration with the Executive director, Head of Finance & Administration, other head of departments and local/International Mydia-tz partners to secure new donor contracts.
- Manage and develop the organization’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system with the Government, local government authorities, Donors, and partners.
- Assist in assuring donors’ requirements are met on time, and to an excellent standard.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as directed from time to time, provided they are broadly similar to duties normally performed by the post holder.
Qualifications and Competencies/Attributes
The volunteer is expected to have, but not limited to the following qualities;
- Good Project and Grants management skills, including concept note/proposal development, Logical frame works development, Budget development etc.
- Good communication skills (verbal & written), time manager and excellent attention to details.
- Computer literacy, expert on Ms. applications especially word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team building, organizational and communication skills (written and oral).
- Innovative, flexible, disciplined, goal-oriented and willing to learn.
- Ability to learn quickly, deliver results, meet deadlines, and manage time effectively under pressure, well-organized.
Required Experience Education:
University Degree in Education especially specially needs education or other related field.
- Proven track record of education projects like quality & inclusive education, civic education, vocational trainings, child protection etc.
- Proven track-record of searching and mapping for donors, grant opportunities and respond to call for proposals.
- At least one-year previous volunteer experience within a similar position, preferably working with NGOs.
- Experience of fundraising and proposal writing from institutions and foundations writing desirable.
- Experience of grant and contract management desirable
This is a volunteer role. The office will only offer: –
- Office space with basic furniture to work on.
- Activity-specific materials and stationeries.
- Communication support for liaison with other stakeholders.
- Platform for learning (including employment network support and coaching for interviewing)
Note: Mydia-tz is a small organization and works with different stakeholders on voluntary bases. While we value our tireless efforts provided by our volunteers, Mydia-tz is un-able to pay for salaries nor allowances due to budgetary constraints, unless for a staff working specifically on a funded project.
Preference will be given to applicants who are residents of Kasulu town in Kigoma region – Tanzania, or those who can accommodate and sustain life themselves in Kasulu town.
Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
All applications should be addressed to:
MANLUKU YOUTH DEVELOPMEMNT INTIATIVES – TANZANIA (Mydia-tz)
Kasulu town, kwa shayo street,
P O. Box 416,
Kasulu, Kigoma – Tanzania
Email: [email protected]
Send your application before or by 20th September 2022.