North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Water Treatment Plant Manager to join Process Plant team. The successful candidate for this position will carry out assigned Water treatment Plant tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and tradesman Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the Process Plant Manager.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, directs, and reviews the work of employees engaged in the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant and advanced water treatment facility, and reclaimed water distribution and disposal facilities.
- Oversees operation of facilities to meet all applicable regulatory requirements and in accordance with design criteria. Develops and implements techniques and methods of process control which increase plant efficiency.
- Optimize operations by improving operator standard work and detailed Standard Operating Procedures.
- Oversees preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Oversees the work of others contracted to work on plant components.
- Confers with the Process Plant Manager on plant operational problems.
- Oversees the preventive maintenance program of the water treatment plants.
- Oversees emergency and unscheduled work to assure appropriate follow through.
- Prepares water treatment reports on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually basis.
- Plant evaluation to improve overall plant effectiveness and ensure effective resolution to in-time problems.
- Ensure that all Environmental and Safety Standards and procedures are maintained according to ISO14001, ISO45001 AND ISO9001 Standards
- Implements, directs, and enforces plant safety and risk management programs.
- Coordinates equipment repair or replacement such that plant effluent quality limits are maintained.
- Oversees preparation of work orders.
- Oversees the requisition process for tools, materials, equipment, and services.
- Responsible for inventory of stored material for use in the plant.
- Reviews and comments on all plans for construction, repair, or replacement of any plant components.
- Oversees training activities.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Thesis in Extracting Potassium from Phlogopite
- RO, UF and Media Filter Commissioning and Operation Experience
- Ability to operate water treatment plant
- Software License: Avista Advisory (Water Treatment modelling program)
- Chemistry – Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Quality Control Analysis – Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Pump curve interpretation; e-Curve WEIR Pump Program
- Effective communication and Team Building
- English literacy and numeracy
- Systems design and implementation
- Computer Programming skills – Python (Anaconda), Excel Macros
- Systems Skills: SAP, Pronto and Flow centric
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Meeting management
- Knowledge of diagnostics Scada system
- Analytical skills, able to think logically and clearly; Strong attention to detail
- Complex problem solving skills
- Perform safety inspections and identify safety hazards.
- Possession of Valid driving license
- Post qualified experience in water quality management
- Technical Experience on Reverse Osmosis Technology
- Experience with software skill, modelling and mass balances
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “Water Treatment Plant Manager” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 11th January, 2022.