RTI International (www.rti.org) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people,
RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
USAID Tanzania Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity
RTI is currently implementing the USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity that addresses dynamics that threaten habitat connectivity and the long-term persistence of in Tanzania. This activity will incorporate a series of interventions that support and strengthen government and civil society capacity for biodiversity conservation.
RTI is looking for a candidate to fill the Youth and Gender Specialist position under USAID/Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity. The positions will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with travels required to the project areas.
Purpose of the position:
The Youth and Gender Specialist will provide technical direction, oversight, and leadership to create and maximize opportunities to engage youth and gender equity though direct project activities. He/She will support and lead the development and maintenance of a Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (GEWE) and social inclusion action plan to recognize the structural disparities and social norms that limit vulnerable populations participation.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight, and integration of Youth and Gender approaches across program activities.
- Develop and lead the implementation of the project’s Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (GEWE) and social inclusion strategy and action plan, including the adaptation and development of tools and approaches to support the strategy and action plan.
- Work with senior project management to raise awareness and capacity of project staff on issues related to Youth and Gender, and to expand gender content of the project.
- Identify target groups through social assessments, ensure participatory approaches are used and social mapping is conducted and that the involved stakeholders understand the importance of such assessments.
- Support the project partners in mainstreaming Youth and Gender in their policies, management systems and programs and provide training and education in implementing the policies.
Minimum required Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social studies preferable sociology or social development and 5 years of experience, Master’s degree and 3 years of experience or PhD and 0 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience designing and implementing gender plans for projects.
- USAID or other donor-funded experience preferred.
- Prior experience working in the integration of gender and youth considerations in conversation and natural resource management projects preferred.
How to apply
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates may apply directly on RTI’s careers site at https://www.rti.org/careers or submit an updated CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Please reference the position title in subject line. The deadline for submitting application is 11th September 2022.
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED